According to InBusinessNews, a building permit was given for the development of a massive private sports complex at the village of Alethriko near Larnaca. The complex will include the following:
- A professional standards tennis court with 5000 seats which can host international tournaments and a tennis academy.
- It will also include facilities of professional standards for the sports: hockey, basketball, mini football, volleyball, boxing, gymnastics and ice skating.
- Services for auctions, cultural events of international scale such as concerts, operas, musicals and facilities for conferences and exhibitions.
- A boutique hotel with 36 luxurious rooms
- Spa & Fitness centre
- Residential area with 72 apartments with privileged access to the sports areas.
The project is being planned by DJK Developments and it is expected to cost around 300 million euro.