In today’s meeting between Republic of Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiadis and Turkish Cypriot Leader Mustafa Akinci the following confidence building measures were announced:
- Opening of new crossing points starting with Deryneia and Lefka villages.
- Connection of the electricity systems of the two sides.
- Unification of the mobile telephony networks (roaming between operators). Experts from the technical committee will find solutions the financial and commercial issues.
- Ending of radio frequency interference.
- Agreement to establish a committee for gender equality
The two leaders will meet again on 17th June.