At least ten companies submitted proposals that met last night’s deadline for acquiring ownership and managerial control of Cyprus Airways. The following names came up in today’s press:
- Ryanair which already uses Paphos airport as its base in Cyprus
- Aegean Airlines from Greece, recently merged with the also Greek Olympic Airlines.
- Blue Air from Romania, flying to Cyprus in the last few years.
- Arkia from Israel in collaboration with US based investment funds which is interested in expanding its activities as a European airline.
- Arevenca Group from Spain in collaboration with Fly Aruba and Air Atlantic and investors from US and Canada
- Middle East Airlines (MEA) from Lebanon